Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tokyo in Monochrome

So this time round I ended up in Tokyo, a decision made purely on impulse which could probably be a decision which i regret making. The experience was pretty much as what i expected it to be and I knew i was not ready for Tokyo just yet. I pretty much got around the city speaking three basic phrases " Okanjo onegai Shimasu", " Kore wa Ikura Desu ka" and " Arigato gozaimasu". I would say its pretty unimpressive since I've been taking basic Nihongo for the past year but at least i got away whenever shopkeepers  stated the prices of their wares. For the most part of my time in this hectic and  busy city, I was wondering around the main areas like Shibuya, Shinjuku and Harajuku. Besides that I was immersing myself in the wide array of records at the CD shops of Recofan, Disc Union and Tower Records. This time round i decided to shoot in monochrome for most part and in both digital and analogue. I was testing out my new film SLR Canon EOS 1000F N. I hope you enjoy this amazing city of Tokyo though my lenses. I'm definitely coming back here but this time round with a much better proficiency in Nihongo.


Shibuya Crossing

Alone in Tokyo -Shibuya Crossing

Rushing - Shibuya Crossing

Man Waiting for train -at Jimbocho Station

Train stops at Jimbocho Station

Father and son - Jimbocho Station

Train - Jimbocho Station

Vending Machine - Roponggi

Lunch crowd - Roponggi

Crossing

Mother and Child

Power

The Samurai - Ōmura Masujirō

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Kabukicho

Kabukicho

Kabukicho

 Bicycle - Roponggi



No comments: